27 Apr Poached Pears with Granola
FOR THE POACHED PEARS:
4 Bosc pears
Fresh lemon juice as needed
1/2 cup (6 oz./185 g) honey
1/2 cup (4 oz./125 g) granulated sugar
1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
1/2 bourbon vanilla bean
2 strips lemon zest
6 cups (48 fl. oz./1.5 l) water
Greek yogurt for serving
Hazelnut Pear Super ‘Nola Granola
1. To make the poached pears, peel, halve and core the pears, then sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, sugar, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean seeds and pod, lemon zest and water, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pears, submerging them in the liquid. Return to a simmer, cover and cook, turning the pears occasionally, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Let the pears cool, then transfer to a bowl with some of the poaching liquid; If not using immediately, store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
5. To serve, spoon the granola into bowls and top each portion with Greek yogurt and half a poached pear.