27 Apr Chocolate Muffins with Zucchini
1 1/4 cups spelt flour or all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup +2 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely grated zucchini
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt of choice
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chip muffins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Grease 10 muffin cups or line with cupcake liners and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar of choice, stevia, cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Mix the wet ingredients, zucchini, applesauce, vegetable oil, yogurt and vanilla.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into the cupcake liners.
6. Bake 15 – 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
Thank you to www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com for the recipe!