27 Apr Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Against the Grain by Danielle Walker
1/4 cup palm shortening
1 egg (room temperature)
1/4 cup coconut crystals
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate pieces
1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Place the shortening and egg in a food processor and process for 15 seconds.
3. Add the coconut crystals, honey, and vanilla extract. Process again until combined.
4. Add the flours, baking soda, and salt and process for 30 seconds.
5. Scrape down the sides and pulse again if necessary to fully incorporate the dry ingredients.
6. Stir the chocolate in by hand.
7. Use a large tablespoon to scoop balls of the dough, placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly press them down to flatten, making disks about 1/2 -inch thick.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are browned around the edges. Cook on a wire rack.