14 Nov Chicken Scampi with Zucchini Noodles & Pasta
Click Here To Download Recipe
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1 inch cubes (Alternative 1 pack of extra firm tofu halved thickness and cut into cubes and then dried on a paper towel)
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more as needed
3 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves) true blood online sa prevodom
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup dry vermouth
2 tablespoons Earth Balance
1 tablespoon serije online fresh juice
1 teaspoon grated zest from 1 lemon (more with the chicken)
¼ cup minced parsley Spirilized zucchini or ½ lb of angel hair pasta (cooked al dente—reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
1. Sprinkle chicken/tofu with salt and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a large american horror story online sa prevodom skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over high heat until shimmering. Add half of chicken or tofu, in an even layer and cook.
3. Using a slotted spoon transfer chicken/tofu to a plate.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet along with garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until garlic is just starting to turn golden, about 1 minute; lower heat if necessary to prevent scorching.
5. Add vermouth (Can substitute chicken broth or dry white wine) and boil over high heat, stirring and scraping up any browned bits, until raw alcohol smell is mostly gone and vermouth has reduced by about half, about 3 minutes.
6. Add Earth Balance and cook, stirring and swirling pan rapidly as it melts to create a silky, emulsified sauce.
7. Remove from heat, add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and season with salt.
8. Return to medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. (If sauce breaks, whisk in a teaspoon or two of water until sauce emulsifies again.)
9. Return chicken/tofu to skillet, add herbs and lemon zest, and toss until all pieces are fully coated in sauce and warmed through.
10. If using pasta, add in the pasta while the shrimp is reheating along with a splash of the reserved pasta water and stir together while it all comes together.
11. If using zucchini spirals, then add them to the pot at the same time. You won’t need extra water. (If using ½ pasta and 1/2 zucchini, you may still need a little water to pull it all together.)