12 Sep Buddha Bowl with Homemade Tahini Sauce
INGREDIENTS FOR TAHINI SAUCE:
1 whole head garlic, broken into individual unpeeled cloves (about 20 cloves)
2/3 cup fresh true blood watch online free juice from 3 to 4 lemons (160ml)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (2g)
1 generous cup tahini paste (about 10 ounces; 300g by weight)
DIRECTIONS FOR TAHINI SAUCE:
1. Combine garlic and lemon juice in a blender. Pulse until a pulpy puree is formed, about 15 short pulses.
2. Transfer to a TV Shows watch online free fine mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Press out as much liquid as you can with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula, then discard solids.
3. Add cumin and tahini paste to lemon/garlic juice and whisk to combine. The mixture will seize up and turn pasty.
4. Add water a few tablespoons at a time, whisking in between each addition, until a smooth, light sauce is formed.
5. The tahini sauce should very slowly lose its shape if you let ribbons of it drop from the whisk into the bowl. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate for up to 1 1/2 weeks.
INGREDIENTS FOR BUDDHA BOWL:
1 cup of your favorite whole grain (I use Farro, brown rice, or wheat berries)
1 cup shelled american horror story watch online free edamame
1 head of romaine lettuce, split in half
1 head of broccoli cut into florets
1 cup of grape tomatoes
Salt and pepper
DIRECTIONS FOR BUDDHA BOWL:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Cook 1 cup of your favorite whole grain (I’ll use brown rice or farro)
3. Put the broccoli and the grape tomatoes in a large plastic bag with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and shake well
4. Spread the broccoli and tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and the broccoli is browned around the edges
5. Place the halved romaine lettuce on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 5 minutes until slightly browned. Cut into smaller pieces once roasted
6. Add the whole grain to a bowl and top with the roasted vegetables and fresh cilantro
7. Top with the tahini sauce and serve
Tahini Sauce recipe from Mike Solomonov (@mikesolomonov)