27 Apr Apple Cranberry Crisp
5 cups Granny Smith apples (or your favorite)
1 cup of fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons sugar (if diabetic, use Splenda blend or other sugar substitute)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour (can substitute whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
2 tablespoons butter (Smart Balance or Earth Balance work too)
1. Heat oven to 350º.
2. Slice and evenly dice the apples.
3. Add 1 cup cranberries.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon and spread evenly over fruit.
5. Mix oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together.
6. Add butter to the mixture and mix together until it looks crumbly.
7. Spread topping over apples & cranberries.
8. Cook for 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.