27 Oct Hallow”Bean” Dip with Spooky Chips
1 onion roughly chopped
1 poblano or other medium spice pepper roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
½ teaspoon of cumin
½ teaspoon of chile powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Juice of ½ lime
1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon canola oil
Whole Grain tortillas
1. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
2. Add the onions and spices to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they just become aromatic.
3. Add garlic and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes until all the vegetables are softened.
** Be careful not to brown the onion. Turn down the heat if the onion starts to brown. **
4. Add the beans, lime juice and the onion mixture to the blender and blend until well mixed. (If may be necessary to add a few tablespoons of water to mixture to mix it well.)
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
6. Brush the tortillas with EVOO, sprinkle with turmeric and use Halloween cookie cutters to create Halloween shapes.
7. Bake the tortillas for 2-6 minutes until just crisp, being careful not to burn.
8. Cut the carrots into pumpkin shapes (WATCH how I do it HERE)
9. Serve the black dip with the “pumpkin” carrots and Halloween shaped chips.